Bacon Jam Tartlets
Serves: 36 appetizers
Oh my.............bacon. Perfect for a girls' night in or a pregame football party, these versatile tartlets are a guaranteed crowd pleaser. With about fifteen minutes from preparation to table, these quick and easy appetizers are sure to impress and fulfill time after time.
2 cups (.5 liter) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup (120 ml) butter, softened
1 cup (240 ml) all purpose flour
1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) cayenne pepper
Skillet Bacon Spread
1. Using an electric mixer, beat together the cheese and butter until blended.
2. Stir together the flour and cayenne pepper and add to the cheese mixture. Mix gently just until the mixture forms dough.
3. Shape the dough into ¾ to 1 inch balls. Press them into mini muffin tins to form shallow tart shells.
4. Spoon ½ to 1 tsp. of Skillet Bacon Spread into each shell.
5. Bake at 400˚F /204C for 9 to 11 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
6. Gently remove the tartlets from the tins and cool on a rack.
These can be made ahead and frozen.
alright tough guy, think you can provide a better recipe? put your bacon where your mouth is...